Why content is important is a question that has been ignored by digital marketers for long a long time. Better late than never they have realised that Content is the most important marketing tool today. All the websites and portals are clamouring for space on the Google search page, and content can make it happen in many ways. Recent research found around four-fifth of all websites and portals having copied content. The reason is that website designers tend to give less importance to content. These are results in a lower ranking of the site on Google due to the new changes in the algorithm. The current algorithm gives utmost importance to original and non-copied content. So, just keeping the content original can be the first step to digital marketing. Also, good content can keep the reader interested and make him stay on the page which is vital for online sales. Interesting content has an impact on the customer that can lead to business, and the website can become a revenue generating site rather than just a showcase. There are more ways content can be used to market which includes social media posts, blogs and articles and press releases. This is why content is important on the digital scene.
With the rise of the internet, new occupations are surging. There are a plethora of new job titles available today that simply did not exist twenty years ago. It’s easy to get lost in the jungle of blog managers, social media strategists and professional vloggers. What does a web content writer do? The role of a web content creator may vary depending on factors such as employer’s preferences, demographic and experience. In broad strokes, if someone asks: “What does a web content writer do?” you can answer that they provide creative content for websites. The online content writer role is similar to that of a copywriter: a copywriter provides written material for advertising across various media, but the web content writer administers writing that is not solely used for marketing purposes. A person who writes web content typically works from home on a freelance basis rather than in an office, though both employment types exist and it’s up to the employer to set their preferred modus operandi. It helps if a content writer is interested in new trends and likes to keep up with current events, as those are topics that freelancers frequently get asked to cover. Other aspects of content writing include creating content with a new tone to help rebrand a site, writing site descriptions, ghostwriting blog entries, and producing accurate item descriptions for web shops. The profession of an online content writer is an ever-changing one, but it’s new and exciting, and it’s fun to generate web content that leads to conversion.
Have you ever wondered how the information on various websites is crafted? Well, every company or organisation planning to set up a website must engage the services of a web content writer. This particular person specialises in providing relevant content for various websites. Generally, every website aims to reach a specific target audience and therefore, requires suitable content. This makes web content editing an integral part of making a website. The content must be edited to ensure that only high quality digital media is available to the intended audience. The three pillars of SEO Technology: A website must be properly structured to include URLs, clean HTML code and the right HTTP codes for the webpages as well as proper XML sitemaps. This ensure that the search engines are able to crawl smoothly and guide all content in a proper manner. Relevance: You may go through the above step well and ensure all search engines get to the entire site’s content, but without relevance the audience will not understand what your site is all about. Web content editing will ensure properly structured content, sufficient topical focus on every single page and optimising title tags and headlines. Authority: The target audience should see the website as a trusted source and authoritative in that given area. This can easily be done by having links from other trusted websites. For instance, the more signals and links a website gets, the higher the rankings for relevance among wide used search engines.
If you have language skills, you can Start an online content writing business. A content writing business does not require much investment like other businesses and will always be in demand as long as there is the internet. It requires knowledge of one or two languages and how to create content on various topics. A content writing business can be specialised, like writing web page content for websites, writing blogs on different topics, or writing online marketing content. Specialised services get better rates and regular work. Instead, you could establish content management services. This includes Search Engine Optimization and Social Media marketing. Both, in addition to writing skills, can make you a successful writer with the know-how of how websites can rank well online. The first thing to do while establishing an online writing business is to have a website describing the services you offer. After all, a website is the face of the group or person in cyberspace. There is so much demand for creative content that you can double your earnings in a year. Happy writing and business adventures.
Web content writing means providing text for websites in the form of news articles, opinion pieces or informative texts. Website owners may not have the time or skills to create informative, entertaining and well-written content and so will pay someone else to do so. You can write directly for websites or through an agency. Freelance web content writing allows you to earn a living while giving you freedom in terms of the hours you work and where you live. Here are some web content writing tips if you are beginning:
1. Attention to detail. You are being paid to write well. Needless to say, spelling and grammar mistakes are not viewed well by clients.
2. Know your audience. What nationality is your content aimed at? What kind of language should be used and what degree of formality is required. All these considerations will affect how you write.
3. Discipline. Working from a computer and without a boss looking over your shoulder, it is easy to start surfing the net and get distracted. Do this too much and you won´t be able to generate a decent income as a content writer. Consider downloading the information you need and writing your articles offline to minimise temptation.
4. Understand SEO. Search engine optimisation (writing text that ranks highly in search results) is a key part of content writing. Sometimes you will be given instructions on what keywords to use, but the more you understand how the optimisation process works, the greater your value as a writer.
5. Enjoy your work. If you like writing and are curious about all sorts of topics you are well suited to this job. Enjoying what you do will not only make your life more pleasant, it will come across in your writing and increase your success.
Content meaning is very important for e-commerce. The websites need to have content which contains the right message. Content meaning can make or break the growth of business and it is more important when trading online. In fact content is what matters when people are searching for products and services online. Engaging content on the website will mean more time spent on the website which enhances the chances of sale. For attention to be paid to the content then the content has to be created keeping in mind the target customers. Using blogs for digital marketing is another way to advertise. and it is a really astute way of marketing. Another way is to use videos and they also require content which is meaningful. There are many good examples on the internet. One example is ferratum and its simplecash loan product. They are using good content and that has lead to business growth. So good and meaningful content does have an importance in business. Good news for writers.
In the present scenario, the world is becoming dependent on Google. All projects are being done by searching online, answers are all available. So the habit of reading has vanished. I do not blame google for any of what is happening. It is more of a culture. The result is good writers who can really write are really disappearing. The onus is on not reading enough. This has resulted in creativity in writing really vanishing. Even in fiction we have similar stories and that is really appalling. The main reasons however is not google.
Less reading means vocabulary is lacking in the current generation, and that leads to worse writing. Even the drafting of letters is becoming a lost art. With emails and particularly messaging coming in the imagination behind letters is gone. So this is the problem. How to overcome it? Well the reading revolution has already started. The realization is in and Kindle has done a lot to the reading habit coming back. Now you can carry thousands of books and not be overburdened by weight. So this is the best gadget for instilling reading. I am not only complaining but doing my bit too. I have started a reading club and encourage people to read. After all there is no substitute to it.
It is easy to copy other’s writings and make it your own. But it is detrimental for a content writer’s career. Sometimes you may even plagiarise without actually knowing it. If you get in the habit of copying then you are doomed. Never get in the habit of plagiarizing. I will tell you why it is dangerous.
- Can lead to legal trouble – There has been many cases of writers being pulled out and made to pay for plagiarizing. Believe me the threat is real. If you plagiarise and get caught you can land in jail and it is never nice to be legally entangled whichever country you are in.
- Negates the value of your work – You might be an original writer but one instance of plagiarizing and you lose all the credit you have built so carefully over the years. So desist from plagiarizing.
- Can lead to financial loss – Plagiarized content is banned all around the globe and can lead to you losing money. So be careful.
- Google punishes websites with plagiarized content – Yes even Google the most sought after search engine punishes plagiarism heavily. The rank you have built painstakingly can go poof in a moment.
- Brings disgrace – Plagiarism if proved can lead to loss of face and disgrace.
You will invariably need to cite other’s work while writing but be careful and give them full credit. Being careful while using others’ work can go a long way to avoid the dangers of plagiarism. In the next post I will discuss the ways to avoid plagiarism.
The first thing you need to become a content writer is language skills. It is very simple. EIther you can write or you cannot. But do not worry , if you want to try it you should try to become a reader first and then write. Even till date I at least read ten pages or 3000 words minimum daily. That is my secret of imaginative writing. Now let us come to the point. The way to become a success in the field of content writing.
- Know and learn about different writing styles – The first step is to have the knowledge of different writing styles. There are some like the AP style. Blogging is different from advertising copywriting and Product description is entirely different. For a start have knowledge about the requirements of each writing style.
- Choose your area carefully – You cannot master all styles. It is not possible to write all things. So be careful and develop your writing towards a certain area. This is the second step towards success.
- Be original – This is the third and most important party. yes the ideas flow in your head and you need to comprehend it. But build your own style of writing and always be original. it will be very beneficial in the long run.
- Know technology – Just being a writer only will not take you far enough. The money for writers lies in web content and for this you need to be tech savvy. Learn WordPress, SEO and HTML. These are basics which will take you ahead. If you can learn keyword research then it will be advantageous too.
- Learn to use Social Media – Yes the Facebook and twitter is for spreading the buzz around and good and successful writers are expert at using them. You can start by researching and learning about them.