It is easy to copy other’s writings and make it your own. But it is detrimental for a content writer’s career. Sometimes you may even plagiarise without actually knowing it. If you get in the habit of copying then you are doomed. Never get in the habit of plagiarizing. I will tell you why it is dangerous.
- Can lead to legal trouble – There has been many cases of writers being pulled out and made to pay for plagiarizing. Believe me the threat is real. If you plagiarise and get caught you can land in jail and it is never nice to be legally entangled whichever country you are in.
- Negates the value of your work – You might be an original writer but one instance of plagiarizing and you lose all the credit you have built so carefully over the years. So desist from plagiarizing.
- Can lead to financial loss – Plagiarized content is banned all around the globe and can lead to you losing money. So be careful.
- Google punishes websites with plagiarized content – Yes even Google the most sought after search engine punishes plagiarism heavily. The rank you have built painstakingly can go poof in a moment.
- Brings disgrace – Plagiarism if proved can lead to loss of face and disgrace.
You will invariably need to cite other’s work while writing but be careful and give them full credit. Being careful while using others’ work can go a long way to avoid the dangers of plagiarism. In the next post I will discuss the ways to avoid plagiarism.
The first thing you need to become a content writer is language skills. It is very simple. EIther you can write or you cannot. But do not worry , if you want to try it you should try to become a reader first and then write. Even till date I at least read ten pages or 3000 words minimum daily. That is my secret of imaginative writing. Now let us come to the point. The way to become a success in the field of content writing.
- Know and learn about different writing styles – The first step is to have the knowledge of different writing styles. There are some like the AP style. Blogging is different from advertising copywriting and Product description is entirely different. For a start have knowledge about the requirements of each writing style.
- Choose your area carefully – You cannot master all styles. It is not possible to write all things. So be careful and develop your writing towards a certain area. This is the second step towards success.
- Be original – This is the third and most important party. yes the ideas flow in your head and you need to comprehend it. But build your own style of writing and always be original. it will be very beneficial in the long run.
- Know technology – Just being a writer only will not take you far enough. The money for writers lies in web content and for this you need to be tech savvy. Learn WordPress, SEO and HTML. These are basics which will take you ahead. If you can learn keyword research then it will be advantageous too.
- Learn to use Social Media – Yes the Facebook and twitter is for spreading the buzz around and good and successful writers are expert at using them. You can start by researching and learning about them.